How do I add parties to the "parties associated to sales" category?

I’m struggling to add parties to the “parties associated to sales” category. How can I do that?

I have thousands of parties, and most of those are vendors. I have only 10-20 customers, so I want to see those in a separate table.

Thanks a lot,
Sean McCarthy

You do not have to add them there. They are added automatically when you create a sale related to the party.

The same applies for purcahse and parties associated to purchases!

1 Like

Thanks a lot, @pokoli . Very good to know. Is there a database table that contains this “parties associated to sales” info, or is it just the “distinct/unique” customers from the sales table? I’m guessing the latter.

What I really want is a list of parties that are customers (as opposed to vendors). I’ve made myself a workaround by creating a customer “category” called “Customers”, and I go into each “customer” party and add them to that category. Then the following PostgreSQL query gets me the info I need:

select 
	pp.name as customer, 
	pc.name as category    	
from party_party as pp
inner join party_category_rel as pcr
    on pp.id = pcr.party
inner join party_category as pc
    on pc.id = pcr.category

Thanks again,
Sean

Nan-Tic has some modules which adds checkboxes to the form which you can tick if the party is a customer or supplier or both.

Go to https://bitbucket.org/nantic/ and search for party_customer or party_supplier. They are also on github (https://github.com/NaN-tic/)

1 Like

You guessed right. There is no table for customers nor suppliers. All of them are stored as party

Yes, that’s a good way of categorizing your parties. If you go to the Party → Categories menú option you can get all the parties of a category by double clicking the category…

But this modules also add a domain on sale and invoice which does not allow you to select a party for sales and customer invoices if it does not have the customer set.

I prefer to allow to create a sale for any party as having a flag may cause to create duplicated parties: i.e: you search for a party which does not have the customer flag and you create it. Now you have to records which represent the same party.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.