Help: how to enter a statement

Please I need some help with the statement import. I’m lost despite hours of search and code reading.

I managed to convert my bank csv exports to OFX with csv2ofx. I can import the ofx file and I obtain a statement with origin lines. Descriptions are not clear in the bank data so I need to complete each origin line with the Party.

IIUC I should then add lines for each origin to match invoices with the origin.

1. How do I proceed for the case when 2 invoices are paid in a single line? The amount of the invoice I choosed don’t copy in the “amount” field of the created line.

2. How do I proceed for checks ? I get a single bank line for all checks sent the same day. I have kept the list here with parties and invoices. How do I enter this list in the statement lines? Is this the same action as with many invoices in case 1?

Thks

I’m not sure whether this answers your question, but…

What you need to do once you have imported the statement is open up each origin line individually. At the bottom of the form view for the origin line there is a section where you can add the Lines that are associated with that origin line. This allows you to:

1. Add two lines for an origin line where 2 invoices are paid, with the appropriate party, invoice and amount on each line.
  2. Add individual lines for each of the checks that make up the total for that day, in the same way as 1.

The lines that you add here won’t appear in the Statement’s Statement Lines list until you save the statement.

You may also want to look at the account_statement_rule module, which can make creating these lines automatically from the origin lines less manual.

Normally the first line added should have the fill amount then you select the invoice and the line is updated to match the invoice amount and a second line is created with the remaining. This is how it should work.

In this case instead of keeping a manual list, I would create a payment for each check using a clearing account. Then on the statement for the single check line, I would set the clearing account. If it match the clearing line can be reconciled, if not it means that some check/payment were rejected so the corresponding payment must be canceled.
It is a lot of work to manage checks, this is because it is such an old and deprecated payment method.

On 5.0 + sao I didn’t see this behaviour. The amount is not filled when an invoice is chosen. Entering manually the amount of the invoice empties the invoice field…

Sure it’s a lot of work… But in my business (books) many small bookshops or individuals still pay by check…
Would it be a simpler way to mark the invoice as Paid with the button Pay on the invoice? What would I enter then on the statement line?

It should not. The amount must be filled by default first before choosing the invoice.

Indeed the behavior to create a remaining line does not exist when filling lines from origin. I think it is because the origin already take care that the sum of lines equals to the origin’s amount.
I also checked that on 5.0 the amount is not updated, it must have been added in 5.2. So on 5.0 the user is responsible to fill the proper amount.

To be precisse the behaviour was implemented on issue7912, which is available from 5.4 series.

In fact in the GTK client 5.0 it’s possible to enter manually the lines and amounts. In SAO there’s a bug preventing to create manually the lines.

There’s a remaining case where I cannot choose an Invoice for the Party in the created lines: where the Proforma invoice was paid by clicking Pay on the Invoice. It’s strange to think that the Party can be specified but not the invoice number.

When paying the invoice with the Pay button on the invoice the related accounting moves are created and the invoice is fully paid. Adding the same invoice on the statement will produce the moves already created. So this is the right behaviour.

You should not manually pay invoices that will be reconciled latter on a statment.

Please create an issue on the bug tracker explaining the bug

Thks I understand. But in our cas we need to Pay the proforma invoice as it makes the Client shipment happen (Shipment method = when paid) whereas the statement can only be reconciled and written after the bank has paid the check.

You must not use the Pay button on invoice if you want to use statement.
Indeed you must use the account_payment module to register payment even on proforma supplier invoice because the account move is creating on validation.
Then on your statement you make the link with your payment instead of the invoice.

IIRC using the account_payment will not trigger the paid transition so the shipment will not be generated.

But this can be done by using a diferent Payment Method which will uses an intermediary account (i.e: “Pending to recive”) account: This account should be used latter as counterpart of the statment line but the invoice should be never set as it’s already paid.

Not when the payment is validated (except with clearing) but when the statement is filled. And in some way only the statement is the real validation that the invoice was paid.

Is there a way to cancel the Invoices maked as Paid to have them reconciled in statements? It’s very difficult to check bank acocunts totals when some lines are to be ignored because they were already markes as paid.
Maybe mark them paid from a waiting account 471 in the statement line and then make a manual move to nullify this account?

You can unreconcile the invoice lines but you must also cancel the former paid move.

Is there a way to hide this button for all users when the account_payment module is activated?
I cannot find in among the Buttons in Administration > Groups, neither among Actions.

We did that initially but it was reverted Issue 2375: reactivate payment wizard on invoice when account_statement is installed - Tryton issue tracker
Indeed the simple way is to not define payment method if you do not want users to use it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.