Example of using Vue.js or EMberJS as template for sao

Is there any example of the Tryton’s sao Web Client work with Vue.js or EmberJS template? thanks!

No because the web client does not use template. It works with the same protocol as the desktop client. The form and list are described using XML and predefined widgets.

But if you are looking for example about creating SPA, you can have a look at:

Noted, and thanks for your reply.

I have used EmberJS to build a webapp which connects directly to Tryton using the json-rpc protocol. Using Ember-data store you can create your own adapter and serializers which sits between your app-store and communicates with Tryton.

Thanks for your information. I would like to let the end-user to do their own UI customization with Vue.js or EmberJS template for Tryton’s sao Web Client, is it possible? thanks.

Unfortunately that’s not possible. The only thing you can do with sao is to change the CSS, but that’s it.

It would be better to store view customization using view extension. I think it is probably doable to create an editor that generate them.

@ced

Some ERP allow end-users to do their own UI customization and even personalization, if there is no customization or personalization existing, the user will get the system default UI.

I know that the Tryton’s sao Web Client does not use template. But, I wonder it should be possible to allow end-users to do their own UI customization with Vue.js or EmberJS template? It might work with the same protocol as the desktop client.

Well, a user can create a ir.ui.view in the database that modifies an existing view. I would not recommend because it is the kind of modifications that are untested and which may break the system.