Some companies may offer early payments discounts to it’s customers in order to be reduce the payment days.
On tryton we can have the two cases:
- The company is offering a discount to it’s customer for early payment.
- A supplier offers the company a discount for early payment.
For both cases we should be able to compute:
- The amount to be paid with the discount (if still aplicable)
- The day until the discount is applicable.
This information should be normally included on the invoice report.
Add a new module
account_invoice_early_discount which will extend the payment term to include the following information:
- The % of discount for early payment
- The number of days until the discount is aplicable.
- The write_off method to account the early discount.
On the invoice we will be show:
- The early payment amount if applicable
- The date until the discount applies
Once receiving a payment for the invoice, if the early discount is applicable the write_off method will be used to reconcile the discounted amount. This will generate the account move to record the discount amount as expense.