Default point of sale on sale

Rational

For entering sales with the point of sale module, you must enter the point of sale beforehand, this quickly becomes restrictive.

Proposal

On the model of the current warehouse selection, could we define on the user the current point of sale, which will automatically fill in the point of sale when entering.
It will of course always be possible to change it if necessary.

This was not implemented because it is not a satisfactory behavior. This is because the point on which a user is working is not fixed like a warehouse. Indeed it would be better to ask on login on which sale point the user is. But I think we should also consider exploring other options like matching with the IP address for example.

Not completely satisfactory, may be better than nothing.

Asking each time may be necessary, but I think one does not preclude the other. Some point of sale users are more sedentary than others.

In my opinion the possible use of the client in 4G/5G excludes this possibility, but for the fixed points why not.

This is beeing implemented in Add default sale_point on user preferences (#10948) · Issues · Tryton / Tryton · GitLab

Great, i will be see that

This is not necessarily true, it depends on the contract with the provider. Most of the time the provider has also multiple ‘VLAN’ available. As a normal user you are on the most ‘secure’ VLAN, so no connection from the outside, routed through a proxy so you can be blocked for whatever reason and on every new connection (how often will that happen?) another ip-address. However there are other VLAN which allows for remote connections with a fixed ip-address. A fixed ip-address can cost a bit more.

What is also possible, it to setup a VPN connection which gives the device a fixed ip-address based on the MAC address of the device. It gives you the possibility to use the default configuration from your provider and also adds a layer of extra security.

When the devices are mobile devices and used for company information I would suggest to use a MDM system (Mobile Device Management) to secure that information as well.