Date field becomes empty when focus is changed

(Prakhar) #1

I am facing a problem in using the Tryton Client. I created a date field in my customized module. As soon as enter the date and the focus is shifted from the date field, it becomes empty. I am facing this problem in Tryton GTK client and not when using Sao. I am running Tryton client version 5.0.5 on Ubuntu 18.04.

(Cédric Krier) #2

Are you sure to enter a date with a correct format? If the parser can not parse it, it just remove the content.

(Prakhar) #3

I am using the Date wizard to use this. Please see the link here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ua9pblkxmx95oow/Tryton_Client_Date_Issue-2019-01-28_11.20.34.mkv.

(Cédric Krier) #4

It looks like you system is using a very weird date format with week day. I guess dateutil parser can not parse it. Could you try with a more standard date format? If it is the problem, I think we should fill an issue to improve this behavior. We could try before parsing with dateutil, to parse with the datetime.strptime for strict matching.

(Prakhar) #5

Ok let me try it and then I will let you know with the progress.

(Prakhar) #6

@ced The issue is due to a code in tryton/common.py. I have raised the issue. Ref - Issue 8087: Date field becomes empty when focus is changed - Tryton issue tracker.