Compiling the GTK client

Tried to compile the GTK client, downloaded sources from here.

Unpacked the archive, run

sudo python setup.py install

as given in doc/installation.rst

Compiling fails, output is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcljevokzdvs61m/install_log.txt?dl=0

System is ubuntu 18.04.

I do not see any error message on this log. Only the build messages.

But, I see you are running a 5.4 series client with python2 but it should be done with python3.

So I will recommend to build with:

sudo python3 setup.py install

Allright, thank you very much. python3 gave certain success, it compiled and I can launch it from /usr/local/bin.

I can log into my local instance as well as the demo server. That’s good! - But the right side of the screen remains gray - no matter where I click:

Again, this is the same at local and demo server.

These are the first few lines from the terminal, the rest looks very similar:

$ tryton -v
INFO:tryton.rpc:common.server.version(None, None)
INFO:tryton.common.common:Überprüfung der URL: https://downloads-cdn.tryton.org/5.4/tryton-5.4.7.tar.gz
INFO:tryton.rpc:common.db.login(admin, xxxxxxxxxx, de)
INFO:tryton.rpc:common.db.login(admin, xxxxxxxxxx, de)
INFO:tryton.rpc:model.res.user.get_preferences(True, {})
INFO:tryton.rpc:model.res.user.get_preferences(False, {‘client’: ‘6928ce57-cc27-4837-b703-2f90cbb3259c’, ‘warehouse’: None, ‘employee’: None, ‘company’: 1, ‘company.rec_name’: ‘KomponentenKontor Berlin GmbH’, ‘language’: ‘de’, ‘language_direction’: ‘ltr’, ‘groups’: [5, 6, 1, 4, 8, 2, 3, 12, 13, 7, 15, 14, 16, 17, 10, 9, 11], ‘locale’: {‘date’: ‘%d.%m.%Y’, ‘grouping’: [3, 3, 0], ‘decimal_point’: ‘,’, ‘thousands_sep’: ‘.’}})
INFO:tryton.rpc:model.ir.ui.icon.list_icons({‘client’: ‘6928ce57-cc27-4837-b703-2f90cbb3259c’, ‘warehouse’: None, ‘employee’: None, ‘company’: 1, ‘company.rec_name’: ‘KomponentenKontor Berlin GmbH’, ‘language’: ‘de’, ‘language_direction’: ‘ltr’, ‘groups’: [5, 6, 1, 4, 8, 2, 3, 12, 13, 7, 15, 14, 16, 17, 10, 9, 11], ‘locale’: {‘date’: ‘%d.%m.%Y’, ‘grouping’: [3, 3, 0], ‘decimal_point’: ‘,’, ‘thousands_sep’: ‘.’}},)
INFO:tryton.rpc:model.ir.model.list_models({‘client’: ‘6928ce57-cc27-4837-b703-2f90cbb3259c’, ‘warehouse’: None, ‘employee’: None, ‘company’: 1, ‘company.rec_name’: ‘KomponentenKontor Berlin GmbH’, ‘language’: ‘de’, ‘language_direction’: ‘ltr’, ‘groups’: [5, 6, 1, 4, 8, 2, 3, 12, 13, 7, 15, 14, 16, 17, 10, 9, 11], ‘locale’: {‘date’: ‘%d.%m.%Y’, ‘grouping’: [3, 3, 0], ‘decimal_point’: ‘,’, ‘thousands_sep’: ‘.’}},)

When you on GNU/Linux there is basically no need to compile the client. When you have downloaded the file, you can unpack it somewhere. In that directory, you get a bin/ directory with an executable. So you can run the client with <the_place>/<of_the>/<directory>/bin/tryton or go directly into the directory and execute.

But when you ‘double click’ on an item in the sidebar on the left, it doesn’t do anything?

Wow, that does the trick. But a little confusing, click and double-click are not handled very consistently…

Thank you very much!!

What do you find inconsintent?

One click to select, double click to Open.

I’ve seen this behaviour since I’ve used the mouse for first time.

Please everyone, try to stay on topic. If you want to discuss about another topic, please create a new topic.

I think @herrdeh means the difference between Sao and the GTK-client.

I was incorrect. I didnt expect the necessity to double-click in a web client, so that confused me in the beginning - and still does a little.

But I should have expected in an app. So it’s sort of consistent, but in an unexpected way. My fault.