Client 7.0.7 for Windows fails to start

Output folder: C:\Program Files\Tryton-64bit-7.0\doc
Created uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Tryton-64bit-7.0\uninstall.exe
Create folder: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Tryton 64bit 7.0.7
Create shortcut: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Tryton 64bit 7.0.7\Uninstall.lnk
Create shortcut: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Tryton 64bit 7.0.7\Tryton-64bit-7.0.lnk
Create shortcut: C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Tryton-64bit-7.0.lnk
Completed

Can you provide some explanation?

Also avoid posting screenshot of text, it can not be parsed, indexed nor translated.

It looks like something is broken on the Windows build machine that makes it generate broken frozen application.

As far as I can see only the latest Windows 64bits builds are broken: 7.0.7 and 6.8.11.

Thank for your reply.
I am from Tryton - Get Tryton to download the Windows 64 - bit installation file.
The installation was successful with no errors, but starting tryton failed.

Meanwhile you can use 7.0.6 for now.

If any have difficult to find this version, here is the direct link for 7.0.6, and for 6.8.10.

I got the same error message when I try to build the client with MYSYS64 with the make-win32-installer.sh. I am using the code from the repository, version 7.1.0.

However, I can run and dev running directly “python bin/tryton”.

I start to suspect a bug in g-ir-compiler on 64bits.

I post you the transcription of the error that I have with 7.1.0.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.11/site-packages/cx_Freeze/i nitscripts/startup__.py", line 124, in run module_init.run(name + "__main__")
File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.11/site-packages/cx_Freeze/i nitscripts/console.py", line 16, in run exec(code, module_main.__dict__)
File "bin/tryton", line 55, in <module>
File "C:/proyecto/tryton/trytonbc/tryton/tryton/client.py", line 9, in <module> from gi.repository import Gdk, Gio, Gtk
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1176, in _find_and_load
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1147, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 676, in _load_unlocked
File <frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 573, in module_from_spec
File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.11/site-packages/gi/importer
.py", line 146, in create_module importlib.import_module('gi.repository."' + dep.split("-")[0])
File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.11/importlib/__init__.py", line
126, in import_module return_bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
ΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑ ΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑ
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1204, in _gcd_import
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1176, in _find_and_load
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1147, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 676, in _load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 573, in module_from_spec
File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.11/site-packages/gi/importer
.py", line 147, in create_module dynamic_module = load_overrides (introspection_module)
ΑΑΑΑΑ
File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.11/site-packages/gi/override s/__init__.py", line 118, in load_overrides override_mod= importlib.import_module(override_package_name)
ΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑ
File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.11/importlib/__init__.py", line
126, in import_module return_bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
ΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑ
File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.11/site-packages/gi/override s/Pango.py", line 41, in <module> FontDescription = override (FontDescription)
ΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑ
File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.11/site-packages/gi/override
s/__init__.py", line 195, in override assert g_type != TYPE_NONE
AAAAAAAA
AssertionError

I tried to reuse typlib from MSYS packages (which works in the MSYS environment) and it does not fix the problem. So it does not seem to be a g-ir-compiler issue.

I filled Bundled desktop client does not start on Windows 64bits (#13207) · Issues · Tryton / Tryton · GitLab to keep track of the issue.