Clearing refund payment

Hello,

When I need to refund money to customer, I made the payment from Main receivables account. Earlier it was OK, but some time ago the checking for account type (payable or receivable) was added to account domain in account_payment_clearing/payment.py and isn’t possible to make a clearing because I pay from receivable account. It is a bug or my workflow isn’t correct?

Payment clearing was not design as a substitute to create the actual accounting, it is just to acknowledge in the accounts the delay between payment order and actual execution by the financial organisation.
So to refund a customer you should first create a credit note which will create the proper account move line to make a payment with.

Thank you for your answer.
My workflow:
I have fully paid sale. For some reasons I need to return the one.
I go to the mentioned sale and I select the action “Return Sale”. As result I get new sale with negative quantities and negative amount. I quote and confirm it and I post the created invoice and receive the return shipment.
Now I need to refund the money to the customer.
I go to Payments - Lines to Pay. In Payables the required payment line exists but without Amount to Pay (this field is empty). When I select this line, the Pay action is missing.
When I try to create the payment manually (Payable Payments - New), I can’t select “Main receivables” account (I must pay from this account, isn’t?) because there are only payables accounts. It seems to me that this was allowed in previous versions.
How can I process this payment?
I am on Tryton 7.0.

See Payment kind of move line does not support opposite operation of the account type (#12932) · Issues · Tryton / Tryton · GitLab

This is on purpose because it is for manual clearing account for which we do not expect to use account of different type.
But you should be able to select the line to pay on the form.

See Payment kind of move line does not support opposite operation of the account type (#12932) · Issues · Tryton / Tryton · GitLab

Thank you, nice!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.