Char & Text fields declared with translate=True and no assigned value (value = None) generate an error when the flag icon button is pressed

Hi ,
I have a bit problem with the fields Char & Text.

I found that when one of these has been declared with translate=True and have no assigned value (value = None) generate an error when the flag icon button is pressed.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/admin/tryton48/tryton/gui/window/view_form/view/form_gtk/widget.py”, line 293, in translate
TranslateDialog(self, languages, self._readonly)
File “/home/admin/tryton48/tryton/gui/window/view_form/view/form_gtk/widget.py”, line 183, in init
self.widget.translate_widget_set(widget, fuzzy_value)
File “/home/admin/tryton48/tryton/gui/window/view_form/view/form_gtk/textbox.py”, line 71, in translate_widget_set
self.set_buffer(value, textview)
File “/home/admin/tryton48/tryton/gui/window/view_form/view/form_gtk/textbox.py”, line 108, in set_buffer
buf.insert(iter_start, value)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi/overrides/Gtk.py”, line 756, in insert
raise TypeError(‘text must be a string, not %s’ % type(text))
TypeError: text must be a string, not <type ‘NoneType’>

How I have to proceed? Have I to create a default_ method in order to assign it by default an empty string value to this fields?

Thanks in advance!

You have to fill a bug as it should not crash.

Filled Char & Text fields declared with translate=True and no assigned value (value = None) generate an error when the flag icon button is pressed (#7922) · Issues · Tryton / Tryton · GitLab