Can't activate new modules (Debian)

I’ve installed Tryton 5.0 with the Debian package in buster, and manually installed the web interface. I then installed the accounts module with:

apt install tryton-modules-account
sudo -u tryton trytond-admin -c /etc/tryton/trytond.conf -d tryton --update-modules-list

The modules appear in the admin, and I marked it for activation. After clicking ‘Perform pending activations’, I get a message saying that the modules activated successfully and a tab opens up saying that module configuration is complete.

Then the page reloads, and nothing has changed. The modules are still marked for activation, and I can repeat the process of activating them as many times as I like, with no results. I see no errors in any of the logs, no indication that anything is failing.

1 Like

For me, it seems related to Connection closed every couple of minutes if the connection is not commit nothing can be stored.

Hmm, but that error didn’t appear while activating, so I assumed it to be unrelated.

In such a situation I’m doing a manual update. Because Tryton knows which modules should be installed.

sudo -u tryton trytond-admin -c /etc/tryton/trytond.conf -d tryton --all -v

Using -v will give you more information what is going on adn --all updates everything in the database. It can be a wrong configured module or something.

1 Like

Running that command has successfully activated the modules. If the web interface is failing due to the DB timeout, then there should probably be some better error handling, rather than a success message when it’s not actually done anything.

1 Like