Can't activate new modules (Debian)

(Sam Bull) #1

I’ve installed Tryton 5.0 with the Debian package in buster, and manually installed the web interface. I then installed the accounts module with:

apt install tryton-modules-account
sudo -u tryton trytond-admin -c /etc/tryton/trytond.conf -d tryton --update-modules-list

The modules appear in the admin, and I marked it for activation. After clicking ‘Perform pending activations’, I get a message saying that the modules activated successfully and a tab opens up saying that module configuration is complete.

Then the page reloads, and nothing has changed. The modules are still marked for activation, and I can repeat the process of activating them as many times as I like, with no results. I see no errors in any of the logs, no indication that anything is failing.

(Cédric Krier) #2

For me, it seems related to Connection closed every couple of minutes if the connection is not commit nothing can be stored.

(Sam Bull) #3

Hmm, but that error didn’t appear while activating, so I assumed it to be unrelated.

In such a situation I’m doing a manual update. Because Tryton knows which modules should be installed.

sudo -u tryton trytond-admin -c /etc/tryton/trytond.conf -d tryton --all -v

Using -v will give you more information what is going on adn --all updates everything in the database. It can be a wrong configured module or something.

(Sam Bull) #5

Running that command has successfully activated the modules. If the web interface is failing due to the DB timeout, then there should probably be some better error handling, rather than a success message when it’s not actually done anything.