Boolean "OR" broken?

I learned that I can search for
Article contains string xxx OR Article contains string yyy by
Article: xxx; yyy - separated with semicolon.

Now I get a result with search for “SKR” in a warehouse - the whole list with “SKR100x24” “SKR90x24” etc. And I get results for all the “SB” items.
But when doing a Artikel: SKR; SB search, the list is empty.

My fault - or a bug?

Greetings,
Wolf

This form correspond to a in operator so it will find only product with the exact name ‘SKR’ or ‘SB’.

Arrrgh. Understood.

I grouped my articles by key phrases and measures, such as “SKR80x20” or “SKR64x24”; or “SB40x6” and “SB33x6”. Is threre another way to create a list of all “SKR” and all “SB” items at a time?

Article: xxx or Article: yyy

This will produce a OR domain testing both conditions

Thank you very much - this helps a lot.
Nevertheless, I need to say that the present behaviour is really confusing, counter-intuitive and frustrating.

My suggestion in general on this is to improve the search dialogue to have a more intuitive approach. Evolution PIM has got this dialogue to create mail filters, which may give some inspiration:

We could have a pop up selector for type of search criteria, a type in box for the search string, a “add more” button, a selector for the type of boolean - etc.
And finally a check box “save search” with a text box.

When exploring improvement of the search feature, please remember that at present (v6.0), AFAIK there is no search feature at all at general ledger, loss&earnings (and maybe some other of this type I’m not aware of.

Cheers,
Wolf

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.