I’m strugling how to find an easy way to book import invoices that will fit the Spanish requirements.
Our tax authority require us to pay VAT taxes for imports depending on the valution of goods.
This operation means booking the following operations:
- The supplier invoice to properly have the expense and the amount to pay. This invoice with without taxes.
- Then we need to create an invoice to report the value of the imported goods to the tax authorities. The base of this invoice is determined by the custom agency and we need to pay the related taxes to the custom agency.
- When need to book an invoice for the customs agency services. This is like any other national services invoice.
The main diculties are from point 2 because:
- We need to report the tax base on account.tax.line but the expense should be zero (this means a move line with no amount but a tax line with the base amount). I’m not sure if this is suported by Tryton.
- The tax amount should be paid to the customs agency (they will pay it to the tax authority) despite the invoice 2 being related to supplier. So we should find a way to relate the amount to pay to a party diferent to the supplier.
How other countries book import invoices? Do any countries have similar situation?