We are gonna to deploy a Tryton testing instance (not demo purpose) for one of our customers and I want to share with you our thoughts about it in order gain some experience, trick… from the community.
- Allow customer to introduce data, execute workflows… before production in order to verify the expected results
- Probe new modules not available in production instance
- Restore into testing instance db backup from production in order to allow user di testing with his ‘real’ data and use cases
- Use a fake smtp server in order to evict send nothing to third parties from testing instance
- Use a distinct theme (css for SAO) in order to allow user distinguish between production and testing instances
- Deploy testing instance in the same machine that production?
- How to restore data from production to testing?
- With a cron-like job?
- Allowing to user to do that?
off topic PS -> Is it possible in discourse have post in draft mode? (For this post I accidentally published before finish it)