An intracom credit note does not generate the right amounts for vat declaration

Hello,

I think that I just detected an incoherence in the way tryton handles vat for intracom credit note.

Tryton 6.2 latest, Belgian accounting.

I have a supplier credit note for November. On the credit note itself, I have two vat lines: the vat is added and substracted, as it should be. (same as intracom invoices)

But when I go to «financial / charts / open chart of tax codes» for that period, the vat amount appears only in “63” “D. T.V.A. à reverser mentionnée sur les notes de crédit reçues”, and I cannot find the reverse amount anywhere in there.

So the «Taxes dues» amount is right, but not the «Taxes déductibles» part.

Maybe there’s something that I dont get ?

Thanks

Which taxes exactly?

An where would you expect it?

tax: T.V.A. Achat de marchandises intracommunautaires déductibles 21% (1)
description: T.V.A. 21%
account: 411 - T.V.A. a récupérer
amount: -29.71

and

tax: T.V.A. Achat de marchandises intracommunautaires déductibles 21% (2)
description: T.V.A. 21%
account: 451 - T.V.A. à payer
amount: 29.71

As the entire thing should be neutral (since it’s intracom), I would expect the amount to appear both in «taxes dues» and in «taxes déductibles», so that they cancel each other. That’s what happens for intracom invoices.

I just had a look at the corresponding intracom invoice, received earlier this year, and there I find the vat amount in « taxes dues » (55 – grilles 86,88), and « taxes déductibles » (59 - A. T.V.A. déductible).

The same mechanism should apply to intracom credit notes, or am I missing something ?

Thanks

Please provide the legal definition of what you think is missing.

Ok I did a bit of accounting research.

There is no vat on an intracom supplier invoice or credit note. It is paid by the supplier in his country, so I should not pay anything related to vat in Belgium.

However, for reasons unknown to mere mortals like me, the vat administration still insists that a fictional vat (calculated with the local rate) be encoded in the declaration, both in « taxes dues » and « taxes déductibles », so that in the end those amounts cancel each other.

How is an intracom supplier invoice encoded in the Belgian vat declaration:

• amount without vat goes to grid 81
  • amount without vat goes to grid 86
  • vat (local rate) goes to grid 59
  • vat (local rate) also goes to grid 55, which cancels the amount in grid 59

That’s what is expected, and what Tryton provides in the chart of tax codes.

Now for an intracom credit note, how is it encoded in the Belgian vat declaration:

• amount without vat goes to grid 81
  • amount without vat goes to grid 84
  • vat (local rate) goes to grid 63
  • vat (local rate) also goes to grid 62, which cancels the amount in grid 63

That last part does not happen in Tryton. So for an intracom credit note, the vat appears in « taxes dues » (from grid 63), but not in « taxes déductibles ». Which means that Tryton wants me to pay vat on an intracom credit note.

Indeed I created Add intracom tax amount of credit note to tax code 62 for Belgian accounting (!28) · Merge requests · Tryton / Tryton · GitLab to fill code 62 with all intracom tax amount of credit note.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.