Allow to create quotations from request when there is a received quotation

Hi,
At the moment, It is possible to create quotations from requests that are either in draft or quotation state.
That happens if there is no quotation created yet or if a quotation is created but it is in draft, sent or rejected.
But I think that allowing to create a new quotation even if a quotation has already been received makes sense.
For example when you receive a quotation and you want to try with another supplier before creating a purchase, just in case.
In the case you agree with that, I will create the issue.
Thanks beforehand.

For me you can already run multiple times the “Create Purchase Request Quotation” wizard. It is just warning if there are already previous quotation to avoid creating duplicated quotations.

When a request has a received quotation therefore the request state is received, it does not warning, it just don’t do anything.
I think the code that is controlling that is the following (I would paste a permalink but that code in heptapod is not loading for me):

I guess we could include the received state but it should also raise a warning for this state.
Also instead of silently stop, it should raise an error if the wizard is run for requests in other states.

Okay, I agree.
Issue: Allow to create quotations from request when there is a received quotation (#12630) · Issues · Tryton / Tryton · GitLab

Certainly, it makes sense to have the flexibility to create a new quotation even when a quotation has already been received. There are various scenarios in procurement where you might want to explore multiple options before making a final decision. Here’s a comment in support of this idea:

“Allowing the creation of a new quotation even when a quotation has already been received is a valuable feature to enhance flexibility in procurement processes. There are cases where it’s essential to explore alternative options or evaluate different suppliers before finalizing a purchase decision. By permitting users to create a new quotation in such scenarios, it streamlines the process and enables efficient decision-making. This feature can greatly benefit users who need to consider multiple options, ensuring they have the necessary tools to make well-informed choices. We recommend implementing this feature for a more versatile and user-friendly experience.”

If you believe this feature would enhance your workflow and the functionality of your system, creating an issue or feature request is a good way to initiate its development and implementation.

1 Like