Tryton Web Client

Hi Guys!

I am always prompted with this error which doesnt tell me anything, on and off when I navigate around the web client. Doesnt happen on the desktop client. Anyone can shed any light ?

Thanks!

Are you using the docker image? If so you probably are hit by the usage of cheaper option.

Hi Pokoli,

Do you mind sharing roughly how can I turn off the cheaper option ?
Where can I find the config file to edit that value?

Thank you.

and you mentioned disabling threads, may I know how is it done?

Thank you.

If you pass any additional arguments on the docker commend they will be used as parameters of the uwsgi. So in order to use the new proposed configuration you can run:

$ docker run --name tryton -p 8000:8000 --link tryton-postgres:postgres -e DB_PASSWORD=mysecretpassword -d tryton/tryton --cheaper=0 --process=1 --threads=4

Which will disable the cheaper option, set one process and 4 threads.

Hope it helps!

Hi Pokoli,

This is for new configuration right, how about existing configuration ?

Because docker run is for configuring a new container.

Not exactly.

If you run the container with --name flag, the first time docker will create for you a new container based on image you note. The second time docker will reuse your existing container (if you didn’t remove it, of course).

So stopping the actual container and run it again with the options @pokoli note you should do the job.

hm, I dont think so…

~$ sudo docker run --name tryton -p 8000:8000 --link tryt on-postgres:postgres -e DB_PASSWORD=mysecretpassword -d tryton/tryton --cheaper= 0 --process=1 --threads=4
docker: Error response from daemon: Conflict. The container name “/tryton” is al ready in use by container “6b2f329c3478aba76bcf0bdab410acf2d8b351f322558c5bac904 a42f565afe5”. You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.
See ‘docker run --help’.

I’m not with a computer right now so I cannot check it but it’s possible you’re right so the command to start a stopped container is docker start and seems it does not have the possibility to attach args…

If docker start does not work for you I think you have to remove Tryton container and running again with the args @pokoli note you.

Above should be a safe operation because Tryton container must not persist any data else attach another container-volume to do that.

1 Like

Yes, if you already started the container you should stop, remove and start it with the new parameteres. This is automatically managed by docker-compose but if are only using docker you just need to execute:

docker stop tryton
docker rm tryton

And then start it with the command I posted above.

That’s what is explained by docker in this part of the error message:

1 Like

Which means I will need to backup my database before doing so.
Alright thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.