This ERP for our pizza SME?

Hello Tryton

We have 4 going on 5 stores in the Rep. of Georgia. We developed our own POS and other modules and APIs after a false start with Odoo. We can’t (shouldn’t) develop a whole ERP so I as founder am searching for the best open source ERP to build upon.

Would we be able to integrate or migrate our POS/ Kiosk/ Online web ordering logic into Tryton?

Any recommended reading?

Yes, no doubt. But instead of throwing all your own work away try to save parts of it. Mostly the user facing ones, like the POS. Even Tryton has now a Sale Point module, I would look if it is possible to connect your own POS to it, so making the POS order and payment by your own POS through connection with Tryton. Easiest way to do that is using proteus but then using XML-RPC to connect (see https://discuss.tryton.org/t/log-in-with-external-script-fails/1525/11?u=edbo)

For the online part, if it is a simple ordering shop, it should be possible to use Flask-Tryton and create sale orders directly. But it seems your online shop is a webapp right? Then you can also use flask-tryton but then as intermediary between your webapp and Tryton. You can even move it a bit further and create an own module with routes where the webapp can connect to for data.

Also what other logic do you need? Try searching this forum and dig through the Documentation. Just setup a demo server for yourself, install modules and start fiddling around to get to know how Tryton works. Install more modules and see how far you can come. As an example, look at the production module a ‘production orders’ for your pizza bakers.

I hope you will get some ideas and hope you don’t make a false start with Tryton as well (did you know Tryton and Odoo both have OpenERP as there ancestor?).

2 Likes

Saludos, Somos One/Cluster un grupo que reside en Colombia y desde hace unos 5 años o inclusive un poco más con la ayuda de compañeros que han optado por Tryton como un ERP que brinda la posibilidad de crear se han diseñado diferentes estrategias para diferentes logícas de negocio como sistemas de transporte, administración y contabilidad colombiana, Facturación Electrónica la cual es una libreria llamada Facho y está adaptada en su totalidad a Tryton.

En los ultimos tiempos hemos venido incursionando en el mundo de los restaurantes para comida rapida y muy en especifico Pizzerias es por eso que presentamos un sistema POS, el cual tiene las algúnas caractéristicas como:

• Vinculación al sistema de ventas de Tryton
  • Funcionalidad para Dividir Pizza en mitades y además por ingredientes
  • Gestión de Descuentos
  • Manejo de extractos para cierres de caja o arqueos.
  • Administración de Ventas por Mesa
  • Administración de impresoras
  • Impresión de Tickets, Factura POS, Pedido a Cocina, y bar.

Faltan algúnas pero estas son algunas de la que puedo mencionar por el momento.

Uploading: qTox_Image_2023-11-01 20-04-51.336.png…

Este trabajo fue realizado gracias a contribuciones que equipos de Tryton han venido realizando como lo son NaNtic y Presik a los cuales les estamos agradecidos y prontamente nosotros también deseamos retribuir aportando nuestros proyectos de desarrolllo, los cuales mantenienen los principios de software libre y es por eso que estamos buscando compartirlos en un repositorio que permita sus descargas masivas ya que no deseamos replicar nuestro codigo el cual es libre en plataformas como github libreCMC : The libre Embedded GNU/Linux[-libre] distro..

áca algo de nuestros Modúlos para Tryton:

4 Likes

Thank you! This is helpful and informative. I do like the ethos of this project and the fact that they share a similar roots as Odoo gives me confidence to test this. (we paid a team to source the best open source erp and they choose odoo… but this project seems much more open)

2 posts were split to a new topic: Manage multiple warehouses inventory in Tryton

I think openness is the same for both, but there are some differences between both.

1. Odoo is dual licensed which makes it unclear what you can expect
  2. Tryton has an upgrade path integrated, so upgrading from one major version to the other is supported out-of-the-box
  3. Tryton has a smaller eco system which makes it more well-ordered and clear
  4. Tryton stayed with the client-server model with a desktop client and a web client. This has the big advantage that (when you know JSON-RPC) you can create your own web app more easily using the JSON-RPC

To be honest (for me) Tryton is NOT an ERP system because it can do so much more! (e.g. I’m fiddling around to build a system with it to manage the network camera’s and the video footage). It can ACT as an ERP system. Tryton is a business framework which gives you all the tools to automate the workflows in your business like sale, purchase, stock, invoice etc etc which people call ERP.

2 Likes
  1. Clarity is golden.
  2. Upgrade path gives confidence to invest in Tryton
  3. If you could elaborate on this point it would be helpful.
  4. This will allow us to migrate much more simply… I believe.

I don’t quite understand why you would use Tryton for a surveillance system but maybe you mean as a NAS substitute? Definitely is interesting to consider how to apply our specific workflow and logic!

Do you know if there is a group of programmers who are available to freelance on a Tryton project?

Tyton is not that big as Odoo is, so development goes a bit slower and is more focused on keeping the core rock solid and performance at best. Personally I think that everything goes a bit slower is good because as a business you want to have a solid base rather then the newest cutting edge things or features you don’t care about. In the end, the software is there to support you, not to fight you.

BTW, I found this comparison between the different editions of Odoo: Odoo Enterprise vs Community | Odoo Editions Comparison

This goes offtopic, but as said, Tryton has everything available already like user / group, MFA login, tasks queues, sending emails, report engine etc. So I only have to add a small module for the camera’s and footage, some logic to process the data with tasks and I’m done.

Based on where you are located take a look at Service Providers. I’m not listed there because I can’t reach the requirements to be listed.

1 Like

Odoo is not dual licenced.
The core is called Odoo community and is under LGPL
Additional code (accounting and others) is called Odoo Enterprise and is under proprietary license OPL-1 (Odoo proprietary license)
Odoo version upgrade depends on Oddo-SA service which is only proposed on Odoo Enterprise.

My 2cts

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.