Real-time notification

(Cédric Krier) #21

Indeed I think we should use GNotification because it is a cross-platform implementation. It will require to migration the client to GtkApplication. But it is not a bad thing because this will bring more possibilities of improvement in the future.

(Cédric Krier) #22

GNotification has no backend yet for Windows: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/glib/issues/1234
and old version of glib even crashes if it is used so we will need to implement custom code and not call send_notification under windows.
And it does not seem to work currently on OSX (but backend is implemented).
So I still think we should use GtkApplication because:

• backend may be implemented one day
  • it will allow to remove custom IPC code (but it does not work for OSX which any way was not fully functional)
  • we will benefit from future improvements (because it is the GTK recommended way)
  • it will probably fix issue6995

(Cédric Krier) #23

I’m not sure that the session is the right object to use because it expires. I think it will be better if the client generate a random ID. This ID will be put in the context of each request and it will survive to a session timeout (indeed until the page is reloaded for sao or the application is closed for tryton).

(Cédric Krier) #24

As the session will be used to authenticate the long polling request. It is needed that the session has a long validity period and not the default 10min. This will be implemented by Double session timeout

Double session timeout