Real-time notification

Indeed I think we should use GNotification because it is a cross-platform implementation. It will require to migration the client to GtkApplication. But it is not a bad thing because this will bring more possibilities of improvement in the future.

1 Like

GNotification has no backend yet for Windows: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/glib/issues/1234
and old version of glib even crashes if it is used so we will need to implement custom code and not call send_notification under windows.
And it does not seem to work currently on OSX (but backend is implemented).
So I still think we should use GtkApplication because:

• backend may be implemented one day
  • it will allow to remove custom IPC code (but it does not work for OSX which any way was not fully functional)
  • we will benefit from future improvements (because it is the GTK recommended way)
  • it will probably fix issue6995
1 Like

I’m not sure that the session is the right object to use because it expires. I think it will be better if the client generate a random ID. This ID will be put in the context of each request and it will survive to a session timeout (indeed until the page is reloaded for sao or the application is closed for tryton).

As the session will be used to authenticate the long polling request. It is needed that the session has a long validity period and not the default 10min. This will be implemented by Double session timeout

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.