Product Kit Support

This is the case when the product has the type kit.

This is the case when the component are defined on a product which the type service or goods because this just create sale lines as usual.

For kits, that will be managed by updating the unit price on the sale line.
For non-kits, as the additional lines are created after going to quotation, the user will need to go back to draft to edit the unit price of the new lines.

Ok I think it’s great! If so, it looks good.

I’m not sure I understood correctly the price thing. When selling books, we sometimes have:

• Book volume 1 : ISBN1 : price1
  • Book volume 2 : ISBN2 : price2
  • Book set of two volumes : ISBN3 : price 3 < price2+price1
    Stock for the kit (set of the two volumes) must be “adapted” from the real stocks of vol 1 and 2.
    Is this price3 possible?
    Is this module able to do this dynamic stock update?

Yes, you should set ISBN3 as “Kit” product type, set a list price for it and define as ISBN1 and ISBN2 as it’s components and then use ISBN3 on sale lines. Then tryton will:

• Create an invoice using ISBN3 with the sale list price
  • Create a shipment for ISBN1 and ISBN2 with the required quantities to match the sale line quantity.

For computing the ISBN3 stock the stock of it’s componens will be used:

1 Like

Perfect! Thanks @pokoli.

I think that maybe the “sum of products” should look like that:
price of the selected product + sum of all prices of the selected components

I’ve just uploaded a WIP of this feature on Issue 9391: Add product kit support - Tryton issue tracker
Any feedback will be much appreciated

1 Like

Thanks for this development.
I noted the following points:
Variant / components tab: Hide if the product type is not a kit
Product and variant form : hide the producible field.

Will it be possible to create several variants (product.product) on a same template with different components?

Sorry, I did not understand this part of the proposal?

The idea of product with components that are not kit is to sell them combined. So if you sale the product, you have to sell also the other components.
So when moving the sale to quotation, the components will be added automatically as new line on the sale. We will keep a link with the product on those line in order to remove them if we go back to draft.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.