Pending State on Purchase Requests

The now is the Best Purchase Date and there is no reason to change it because it is computed to be the best.

The “Best purchase date” is not relevant because we may have all the products to be purchased in a small delta, but they can not be consumed in a production until a bigger delta so it has no sense to have them in the warehouse waiting to be consumed.

The policy of the company is to have the minimum products in stock in the warehouse.

What I’m trying to explain is: In the same Best Purchase Date we need to chose what has to be purchased and what not. So purchase date is not sufficient to take the decision.

So your production is wrongly configured. Of course you think you need useless feature if you don’t configure correctly your production to request materials at the right time.

And this is what Tryton does by default.

So you mean that your are buying and being delivery faster than 1 day, in that case you need to add time to the “Best Purchase Date” (and in many other places). If this is the case than you should create a new topic for that.

Several comments about the issue:

• The Best Purchase Date cannot be calculated in this case. Supplier times differ from one time to the other (the supplier produces on demand and times highly depend on their current load).
  • Even if Best Purchase Date was correct (which it cannot be) there are productions which must be purchased ASAP. The company cannot plan in advance as the sale department makes the company always work racing against the time. As asking for quotations and deciding the supplier (which must be done before the purchase) is time consuming, people who are not from the purchase department decide which products (purchase requests) have a higher priority. It is not that they do not want the rest to be purchased now, it is just that some of them will be used in productions targeted to customers or projects more important than others.

The way those people work is that they hurry searching which products are most urgent and they will immediately ask the purchase department to start purchasing. They would mark those purchase requests as “purchasable” so the purchase department can start working on them. Note that the purchase department will ask for several quotations to several suppliers so they need to hold the purchase request until a decision is made. So while the decision is being made we think it is better that a supply recalculation does not remove that purchase request.

It may even be possible to help them further by calculating somehow which are those products that need to be purchased ASAP, but it is not clear how to do that right now, at the current point of the project. But even in that case, as it takes some time to decide the supplier, they will need to be able to recalculate the purchase requests (and those are currently removed on the process).

You could probably update/historize the delivery time of the supplier or create a supplier load factor.[quote=“albert, post:26, topic:37”]
there are productions which must be purchased ASAP
[/quote]
I don’t understand. What are you purchasing? For me people purchase products/materials not production.

I think we have here the incomprehension. It sounds like you have, by some means, purchase requests created before the sale order being confirmed. In this case, I think this should not be purchase request but probably a new document requesting quotation, delivery time etc. from the purchase department.
Also I still don’t understand the concept of priority here.

Based on which criteria? Why is a needed product more urgent than another? If they are all requested, it means they are all needed and there is no priority in that except of course the date when they are needed (aka “Best Purchase Date” and “Expected Supply Date”).

I think this another topic and it will probably require a new document that will be generated from the purchase request.

So for now, from what I understand about the problem, you just need to have the “Best Purchase Date” set to None and be editable for the products that you need to manage manually.
And for the deletion such purchase request with a date set manually, I think you should keep somewhere (probably on product-supplier) the date configured and put it back on the new similar purchase request (if there are).