How to assign bank statement lines to customer invoices?

Thank you for your work, and sorry for the late reply. To be honest - complexity of the task overwhelmes me, so I still need some time to get around with it. But it’s not forgotten.

Cheers,
Wolf

I wonder how this could be integrate with Clips or Python Knowledge Engine

Wow, this really is a big deal. As I’m writing “Das Tryton Buch” and the “Tryton Community Wiki” as well with focus on small enterprises (cannot but, because I hardly know anything about processes in bigger ones), for me the question is, whether the proceeding Lars was kind enough to describe really makes life easier for small businesses. My major concerns are:

• I have formal purchases for less than half of transactions, as I can see their use only if they do affect my warehouse
  • I would have to define an awful lot of rules to cover quite few transactions
  • I need to rely on an automatism where any mistake on python RegEx can have serious consequences

So my impression is that this mechanism may be good for big enterprises, handling hundreds of transactions a month, managed by professionals. But it may not be appropriate not for small companies with a dozen or so. For these, a more pragmatic approach may be more useful:

• suggestions on assignation of statement lines to existing invoices are created, e.g. by sum, party and invoice number
  • matches are manually confirmed by user
  • in case no match exists, a “move template wizard” can be called to create suitable moves in a semi-automatic manner

I know that solutions similar to these ideas are existing, hopefully one day we find them published at tryton.community .

Thanks a lot for all your effort; this thread is of great value anyway, and I’ll definitely mention it at Tryton cmmunity wiki and Tryton Buch. For reasons mentioned above I’m likely not keep to my promise and create complete user instructions - please forgive me.

Cheers,
Wolf

In such case you just create a line and set the account where you want to book the move. After posting the statement all the required moves will be created, so there is no need for a move template wizard.

But there was a similar idea to create a move using the template from the statement in a previous post. Maybe this is something that it will be great to implement.

Thank you for your thoughts. Yet, I cannot agree:

• I do not always know the right account number or name, thus I’m in risk of mistakes
  • I may need to do split entries - eg my telephone bill is payed 50/50 by myself and by my company; German law says that I may only account for 70% of a business partner restaurant invitation…
  • I may have full or reduced VAT, but the system cannot know which one applies,
  • can therefore tax statements be created correctly?

All these cases are covered by my move templates, that is what makes their great value. For that reason, I’d suggest to include them into the procedure.

Cheers,
Wolf

The telephone bill must be entered as invoice with the proper deducible tax rate percentage. Then you just pay it using thstatement.

For restaurant invitation you must split the origin into two lines with the proper amounts.

On this post we discuss a proper solution for statement lines with taxes.