Document Incoming Management

But you need to supply to only the pages that are part of the same document.

That means that if you have 30 shipments you must scan each one individually.

What we do is that the user only needs to add a label to the first page of each shipment, and that allows us to split automatically.

It is a very usual practice because allows users to scan all documents at once at the end of the day.

You can scan them all together and split them in the application with the split wizard.

This seems a complexe logistic to manage in the warehouse when someone in the office could do it without any logistic.

There’s usually a limit in the number of pages those scanners are able to add to a PDF.

I tried to design such solution but I faced an issue. I could not know when processing the purchase which draft invoice line must be deleted. So the risk is to delete the invoice line created by document incoming instead of the one created automatically.

So instead I think the best option is that user who plan to use document incoming for supplier invoice should set the invoice method to manual.
But in order to provide users with way to fix mistakes, I think we should have a button to force the creation of the invoice from a purchase with manual method. In this case the manual method will work like the “On Order” method.
And for the case where an invoice method was set on purchase and the supplier invoice is imported by document incoming, if the lines are correctly linked to the purchase lines, a credit note will be created. So the user will have a draft supplier invoice and a draft supplier credit note that cancel each other. The user may want to delete them. But if he does not, this will not corrupt any forecast any way.

The merge request is ready now: Add document incoming module (!598) · Merge requests · Tryton / Tryton · GitLab

I made this small video to show the module in action:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.