Docker install on Odroid HC2

Hi Cedric & Nicolas,
It’s been a long time since my last visits to Liege and I hope you are doing well.
I have renewed interest in using Tryton again and for this purpose tried to install Tryton using Docker on a sbc Odroid H2 with DietPi as os.
I followed the steps in on your Docker setup page and noticed an error when doing step setting up a database.
Here’s the error message and I hope you can identify what needs to be done to solve this issue.
Thanks for your help anyway.
Wil Meijs

standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused ‘exec format error’

I’ve seen this error also on a raspberrypi using rasbian OS. The problem is that our docker images currently does not support the ARM architecture.

As far as there is a debian arm image i think it will be easy to create a tryton ARM image using the current Dockerfile

What does it require to build ARM images? Can it be done on x86_64?

I found this https://github.com/multiarch/qemu-user-static
A quick test allowed me to run arm32v7/debian:10-slim image on our tycho build server.
So I guess it is doable with our current hardware.

I found this article explaining how to publish a multi-architecture image. Or we could use buildx extension.
So I think we should welcome patches that would add any official architecture.

A post was split to a new topic: Install client 4.2

PostgreSQL already publishes images for many architectures

The Tryton images contain Python code. Python is the same for all architectures. In fact, I think that people can try to force-install some amd64 Docker images on other architectures and they will work anyway.

Is there a way to annotate these images to simply indicate people can install them on other architectures without building other copies of the images for the other architectures?

Our current image does not work on a raspberry PI.
The problem is not just python but the debian system on which the docker image that needs to be adapted. Not a big issue as debian supports a lot of architectures but specific images should be created.