Can not sent drop shipment

it must create a purchase request if it is correctly configured. So which means that the product must be supply on sale but also the shipment method must not be manual, the quantity must be positive and there should be no existing stock move attached that are not in staging or cancelled.

Actually, it does. And I can turn that into a purchase. But still have no idea how to continue.

So once the purchase is confirmed, a drop shipment is created which is linked to both the purchase and the sale. Once your supplier inform you that the shipment has been sent, you can mark the drop shipment as done so the sale will be marked as sent.

This does not happen in my install. Instead, a ordinary shipment is created.

That’s mean that the purchase request did not have a customer filled this can be because either no product supplier was choose at the creation (for example supply delay was too long) or that the product supplier was not configured for drop shipment.
So when you want to do drop shipment, you must ensure that the purchase request is filled for a customer otherwise the setup must be fixed and the purchase request must be deleted to recreate a new one.

I filled Issue 11926: Allow to edit customer on purchase request - Tryton issue tracker because this constraint could be improved.

Sorry to be so persistent here. But I still think the very subtle automatism which is used (as far as I understood it) can only cover some quite special cases.

Yet I’m not convinced that we do not need a very simple and straight forward manual trigger for drop shipments. One may argue whether it only is required at sale - or as well at purchase. But any case - I think that at sale, we should be able to elect any sale position to be handled as a drop shipment. And such was the opinion of literally any of my German fellows, who tried so hard to help me in understanding this module.

Cheers,
Wolf

I strongly disagree. As I already said, it is not in the rights of the salesmen to make such business decisions.

This does not make it right.

Understood. It’s always difficult for me to take the perspective of a bigger company.

But don’t you think that people working in such will talk to each others and find out the best solution? - So maybe “sales” is not the right place - but in some other this manual trigger could be applicable anyway.

I agree that allowing to manually trigger a drop shipment in purchase request will be a good idea

1 Like